Sunday, February 27, 2011

If I were the boss..

Yes all of us have thought about what we would do if we were the boss! 
If I were the boss I would
·         Be patient.
·         Compliment employees when they do well.
·         Tell employees exactly what I want.
·         Treat them the way I would like to be treated.
·         Put myself in their shoes.

Being the boss is not always as easy as it may seem.  The boss needs to think about and for everyone.  This includes employees, clients, suppliers and all its other stakeholders.   The main concern for every boss is the success of his / her business.  There are a lot of factors influencing businesses everyday and management should think fast and on their feet.  (That is why PR exists to help management in this regard).
Sometimes your boss would probably feel like
·         Be patient with me.
·         Let me know if you do not understand something.
·         Tell me when you are upset
·         Help me to identify problems
·         Tell me your suggestions.

All of us are human beings with our own values, believes and individuality no matter in what position we are.  We need to communicate with each other and try to understand each other’s situations.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, management needs to be in touch with its employees and understand that their opinions do matter as they are the vital components that impact the businesses growth.

    ReplyDelete