Monday, May 2, 2011

Wedding cake-in-the-middle-of- the road.


The Royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton finally took place on Friday.  It was crazy.  Everyone talked about it and was seen everywhere – Newspapers, Twitter, Blogs, Facebook, Internet, News bulletins, Talk Shows, Magazines and so I can go on and on.   I think this wedding gave all of us our own little fairy tale.  Don’t we all still dream of a Prince saving us on his big white horse and taking us to his palace where we will live happily ever after.  It is nice to dream sometimes.  I really hope they live happily ever after!
                
e-news4u.com
I also attended a wedding this past weekend.  It took place on the beach in Yzerfontein.  At least the weather played along.  It was so beautiful.  The couple taking their first kiss with the sun setting in the background and the sound of waves crashing against the rocks!  I just love weddings, from dressing up to the food, the dancing and just sharing two people’s most special day with them. 
A few years ago during my December holidays I helped out at the Moon and Six Pence in Muldersdrift – Johannesburg.  I helped planning the weddings and making sure everything runs smoothly during the day.  I loved it.  Weddings are so special to me.  One task I had to do was opening the door before the bride walks in.  Every single time I opened that door, looked into the eyes of the husband to be and hearing the wedding march I started crying.  That moment is just so beautiful and special to me.  Two people loving each other so much that they decide to spend the rest of their lives together and are willing to make a promise in front of God and all their families and friends. 
Unfortunately a wedding is just a normal event and the changes that something goes wrong are very good!  I will especially not forget one wedding I helped out with.  The bride ordered a really expensive wedding cake worth a few thousand Rand from a very delicate cake shop in Sandton.  The day of the wedding Johannesburg had a huge Thunderstorm.  During this thunderstorm the cake was on its way to the wedding.  Then disaster stroked.  Someone drove into the car transporting the cake and the very large expensive cake was destroyed.  I must say it was very difficult keeping the bride calm when she heard her cake landed up in the middle of the road. 

 






2 comments:

  1. I LOVE weddings!! I think it is the most amazing event in a girl's life! :) I feel sorry for the bride whose wedding cake got smashed! I would pass out I think ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that you used the Royal wedding as it was the perfect timing for the topic.

    ReplyDelete