Monday, March 7, 2011

SUCCESS..my first big function

The people close to me will know how hectic these last few weeks have been. I am so relieved that it is over and glad it was a success.  It was very hard work, but I have managed and am so proud of myself.
The function I organized was for a project my company (Cence) do for MTN Foundation called the Young Entrepreneurs Project.  The Phase 1 of the project was already launched in June 2009. The project has thus far reached more than 36 000 learners and 180 educators. MTN Foundation together with Cence identified and registered 15 schools per province and trained 2 educators per school.
This project was designed to provide entrepreneurial training in schools, for children in Grades 4 to 11, aligned to current Economic and Management Sciences/Business Skills curriculum requirements. The development philosophy of Cence has led to include in this project concepts, skills and material to prepare learners for a life of entrepreneurship. Together with these programme entrepreneurial competitions was included.
The Phase 2 of the project was launched in October 2010.  Thereafter Interschool Market days was held.  From 1 to 4 February 2011 the Provincial Competitions took place which I also managed.  The National Competition took place in the Westgate Regional Shopping Centre – Krugersdorp on Saturday 5 March 2011. 
We are making a difference and some of those kids really touched my hearts.
Here are a few photos..

2 comments:

  1. Hi, well done on successfully completing the event, I am sure it was worth all the stress at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! You must be SO proud! May there be MANY more successful events in the future!

    ReplyDelete