Sunday, March 27, 2011

We are what we do

In the Bible there is a verse which states that - the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. I totally agree with this.  We definitely speak and do what our heart is full of. 

In life we are faced with choices on a daily basis.  Some choices are harder than others.  We will hardly think about the simple choices for example what we will have for lunch or what we will wear.  In some cases we will not even realize that we have made a choice.   With harder and more complex choices for example deciding what car to buy or if we will take a new job offer we will usually consider the pros and cons before making a decision.

But do we think before we act?  My mom always told me that when I get angry I need to count to ten before I do anything.  Most of us regret some of the things we have done in our past. Is this because we did something without really thinking about it? 

People who do not know us that well will judge us on our actions.  We therefore need to think carefully before doing or reacting to anything.  We are what we do.

2 comments: