Monday, March 7, 2011

What is the color of the wind?

Have you ever thought about what the color of the wind is?  For me personally the time of day, weather, and my mood plays a role in what color I perceive the wind to be. 
For instance at night I think of the wind as black, in mid-day as yellow, at dawn as pink, when it is hot as red and when it is cold as blue.  When I am happy I will even think of the wind as little white flowers and when I am sad as tears.
It is interesting how the symbolism of colors can vary dramatically between different cultures.  For example for some tropical countries green is associated with danger and in the Western countries it indicates go or safe. There are thousands of other examples.
 A person’s age can also have an effect on how certain colors are perceived.  Children for example usually like bright and happy colors where older people usually prefer more natural colors. 
Every color also has positive or negative connotations although specific circumstances usually trigger the connotation.

2 comments:

  1. So true, the wind has many colours, each with its own meaning of which we are the ones that can determine the various colours of the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting read. Colours play a major role in my life!

    ReplyDelete