Sunday, March 13, 2011

What if today was your last day?

If today was the last day of your life, would you have done anything differently?
Our lives today are so busy and planned from the moment we open our eyes until we close it again.  Most of us do not find enough hours in a day to do everything we need to and want to do.  Sometimes I find myself living from weekend to weekend not even noticing the days in between.  We constantly need to remind ourselves that each day is a gift and to treat it that way.
At the moment it feels like
 I am living my life more
in the past and the future
than in the present.

I dream and work myself to death to someday be able to live ‘the good life’.  Now I come to ask myself that is this really necessary?  What if I do not even get to the future, wouldn’t my life be such a waste?

When I am not thinking about the future I long back to the ‘good old days’.  But tomorrow I will long back to yesterday so why not just live for today!

Would you have done everything exactly the same way if you knew that today was your last day? 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, yes we so often live for tommorow and do not appreciate the now! When we are old and retired we might have all the money we wished for but those that we wanted to spend it with could be long gone...it is important to appreciate everyday as our last!

    ReplyDelete