Sunday, April 3, 2011

Will this day matter in five years?

This day will probably not matter in five years time, but the decisions you make will matter.  We are faced with all sorts of choices every single day. 
Every choice we make has consequences just like throwing a pebble into a pond makes ripples.   Every choice we make has far reaching effects. The choices you have made got you right here where you are today and every choice you make today will have an effect on your future.  

But what does five years from now matter anyway?  We need to live for today!  Since I was little the only thing I wanted to do was to ‘one day’ change people’s lives.  A few weeks ago I realised that today is ‘one day’.   I cannot wait for ‘one day’ to do things I still want to do in my life, then I will die feeling unsattisfied with my life.  I do not need to start an orphanage or feed a whole neighbourhood to change someone’s live. I can actually do that by doing small things every day!


Therefore think about the consequences before making a choice, but still live today as if it is your last.



 
  

2 comments:

  1. I am not even sure where i want to be in 5 years but I do know that I want to be happy. So I make my choices based on the question - "will this make me happy or benefit me in any other way in the future?" The choices I make today might not contribute directly to where I might find myself in 5 years but it will be a guide to get me there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the small things you do every day which changes the way in which people perceive you. I agree. Very well written! :)

    ReplyDelete