Monday, October 31, 2011

You cannot chase two rabbits at the same time

Don’t try to do too much at once.  Even though I am a woman we are all just human.  Concentrate on one thing at a time and finish it and do it well.  If you focus on two things some or other time it will become too much for you and you would have to choose.  It is just not worth it.  It is good to dream well and have all this amazing sounding goals, but be realistic.  I for instance ended up chasing too rabbits this year although I hadn’t planned it and believe me I still don’t know if I will catch the second one.   

I started this year of in a more of an admin position at a small non-profit company.  I already had my diploma and was so desperate for a proper PR job.  I tried looking for a job but no one wanted to appoint me as I did not have proper PR experience.  I then decided to do my Btech degree part-time in one year, with the hope that someone will appoint me with a degree.  I felt like I was already behind after I took a gap year after school.  I then enrolled for my Btech degree taking all 5 subjects.  In June this year it just worked out that through someone who knew someone who knew someone who were looking for a Junior PR I got this amazing job.  Since June I really had a crazy life.  Let me tell you it is not easy working full time and studying full time.  I became a complete workaholic and still don’t know if I will catch the second rabbit – by passing all five subjects and obtaining my degree this year.  Lesson:  Only chase one rabbit at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment