Sunday, July 17, 2011

Living in the fast lane but slowed down by traffic

For me one of the most annoying things in life is to be stuck in traffic.  Don’t we all hate it and we all have to deal with it?  Some just have it worse than others.
One pro though is that it gives me time to check my phone, but still.  If it is so bad in 2011 how bad will it not be in a couple of year’s time?  Something needs to be done and fast. 
A few weeks ago I had to live with my boyfriend for two weeks because I was moving into a new apartment.  He lives in Paarl and I work in Cape Town.  It is only 60km apart, but in traffic 60km can feel a lot further.  I had to wake up at 5:30 to leave at 07:00 to be at work by 09:00.  In the evenings I never got home before 19:00.  I know there are a lot of people doing this, but seriously I do not know how especially if you have a family to take care off.
The point that I would like to make is that there are 1000’s of people stuck in traffic each day.  South Africa can be so much more productive if its citizens did not have to sit in traffic for hours every day.  But it does not help to complain and not give suggestions.  Future plans can be to build highways on top of each other but for now I think governments’ idea of increasing the use of public transport is brilliant.  Two important things for this are security and reliability.
I haven’t used the Gautrain yet but apparently it works really well.  Hope they have a similar plan for Cape Town?

houseintohome.co.za


No comments:

Post a Comment