Sunday, July 17, 2011

When you can’t write something write anything

Anyone who is in PR will know how big part writing is of PR.  The truth is that writing is not one of my strengths although I want it to be.  I think that some people are born writers and I am just not a born writer.
If you know my story you will know that I really love PR and started my career in a non-profit organisation.  All I wanted was to get a proper PR job.  That is why I am doing my degree part-time but in one year.  I thought that if I have a degree my chances of getting a proper job will be better.  Unfortunately everyone is looking for experience.  I was so blessed and started the perfect job on the 1st of June 2011. 
Although it happened much sooner than I expected it was a ride to get there.  In one of my interviews I realised how important it is to be a good writer in this industry.  It scared me.  After that interview I told my media lecturer that I am looking for a job but I know my writing is not up to scratch and don’t know what to do.  She told me to write more.  I will never forget those two words –write more-.  The more you do something the better you just have to get at it.  This is the reason why I love to blog.  My main problem was usually that I do not know where or how to start.  The thing that I learned myself is that if I can’t write something I just write anything. 
rusvw.net

No comments:

Post a Comment